Social Media Manager
Creative digital agency Tann Westlake is looking for an ambitious social media executive to join our fast-growing team.
You’ll work with an exciting portfolio of clients across a diverse range of industries including health and wellness, interiors and food and beverage. Liaising with colleagues and client stakeholders, the social media executive creates and maintains an outstanding social media presence for each brand. As set out in the responsibilities below, the social media executive looks after every aspect of the process from planning content through to reporting and learning from its performance.
The role is currently offered full time but we are happy to explore part-time and flexible-working options for the right candidate. We are office based but there is flexibility for some home working depending on needs.
Based in a beautiful location near Chichester, Tann Westlake is a creative digital agency and Google Partner that provides web and digital-marketing magic to a host of local, national and global brands. We’re a team of ambitious, creative and driven designers, developers, digital marketing gurus and client-service professionals. With lots of great talent joining the agency and with plans to grow it’s a great time to join us.
- Manage the social media and blog content for all assigned clients – planning, drafting, amending, scheduling, publishing, monitoring and reporting – across Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and LinkedIn.
- Ensure all work is delivered according to the established strategy and is optimised to achieve maximum results for our clients.
- Generate creative ideas for blog and social first content at least 1 month in advance, aligned with the relevant marketing calendar/campaign.
- Proactively share plans with the account director weekly for direction and/or approval.
- Manage, create and oversee all content briefs for social channels including Instagram stories, reels, animations, still life content and graphics.
- Liaise with the design team to bring ideas to life and to allocate resources as necessary.
- Update planning documents daily/weekly including calendars and schedules.
- Write engaging copy for blogs and social media posts in line with the content calendar.
- Ensure that all content and TOV is on brand.
- Own all publishing across each platform.
- Tag content for reporting and monitoring.
- Monitor social platforms daily, occasionally requiring posting on the weekends, ensuring all posts are live and tagged correctly.
- Engage in real time with the audience.
- Monitor social trends (social listening, platform monitoring) daily and suggest reactive content to the account director/client.
- Continuously monitor UGC from influencers.
- Lead community management working with the client.
- Run paid social advertising campaigns under the guidance of the digital account manager and account director.
- Daily monitoring of social performance against set KPIs.
- Analyse and report on success on a monthly basis including future recommendations to test.
- Create and manage monthly reports for clients. Provide benchmarks and references with clear learnings for future planning.
- Monitor competitor activity on a weekly basis to ensure brands remain relevant.
- Lead and manage all content opportunities for Tann Westlake’s own social, creating content by capturing BTS, Instagram reels and videos on agency happenings, e.g., internal shoots.
- Support digital marketing team with wider assistance across other tasks from time to time
Skills and Qualifications
- One to two years’ experience in a social media role (agency or brand).
- A solid understanding of consumer social media platforms particularly Instagram, Facebook and TikTok.
- Experience in creating social media plans across BAU and campaigns, managing calendars and campaign documents.
- Strong knowledge of social media metrics and content performance.
- Excellent English, strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong copywriting skills, and an ability to adapt to different brand’s tone of voice.
- Proficiency with social softwares, e.g., Facebook Business Manager / Later.
- Basic knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Good analytical understanding to organise and interpret data.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic, happy to get involved in a variety of activities.
- Team player, happy working with a variety of people across the agency.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Can-do attitude and a flexible, adaptable working style with an ability to learn quickly and multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure and at a fast pace.
- Attention to detail both creatively and numerically.
- Keen interest in emerging platforms and technologies.
- Understanding of paid functionalities across social platforms is viewed as an advantage as is an understanding of SEO.
- Proficiency skills with Photoshop – image and video editing – would be a plus.
- Proven ability to juggle different brands/campaigns, while maintaining sharp attention to detail.
- Digital agency experience.
- Experience with agency software (e.g. G Suite, Basecamp, Trello, Bugherd, Slack) and MS Office.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and agile environment.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Why join us?
- Competitive package
- Engaged and friendly team
- Great office environment, located an easy commute from Worthing, Chichester and Horsham
- High street vouchers incentive scheme
- Free on-site parking space
- Company pension scheme
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring you include a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience will enable you to thrive in this role. We will conduct preliminary interviews with strong candidates as we receive promising applications so we encourage you to apply as early as possible.
Salary: £23,000-25,000pa depending on experience
Location: Walberton, West Sussex
We love what we do – so much it never really feels like ‘work’. And that’s what we look for in the people who join our team. We want people who are passionate about what they do, and brilliant at doing it. Just like us.